ChooseCBR is a program designed to encourage consumers to spend money at participating local businesses by offering digital discount vouchers that can be redeemed at participating businesses.
ChooseCBR was created by the ACT Government to as an economic stimulus measure to support the ACT’s economic recovery from COVID-19. It is focused on supporting businesses that have been doing it tough during 2020.
Canberrans have been really supportive of our local businesses during COVID-19, and ChooseCBR offers another great reason to shop locally and support local jobs.
ChooseCBR is a website application and can be accessed via choosecbr.act.gov.au which will take you to the ChooseCBR portal.
Please note, the website application is not available on Google play store or the Apple app store.
Anyone over the age of 18 years old who is visiting or living in the ACT can use ChooseCBR.
People can sign up at choosecbr.act.gov.au to create a login to the ChooseCBR portal. Once complete, the home page will display your available discounts.
Eligible local businesses can register to participate in ChooseCBR. Members of the community who are over 18 can register to receive a daily pack of discount vouchers totalling $40.
Each day registered customers can log in to access:
- 2 x $2.50 ChooseCBR Discount
- 1 x $5 ChooseCBR Discount
- 1 x $10 ChooseCBR Discount
- 1 x $20 ChooseCBR Discount
A minimum spend is required for each transaction at participating merchants. The minimum spend for the discounts are as follows:
- To use the $2.50 ChooseCBR Discount the minimum spend amount is $10
- To use the $5 ChooseCBR Discount the minimum spend amount is $20
- To use the $10 ChooseCBR Discount the minimum spend amount is $40
- To use the $20 ChooseCBR Discount the minimum spend amount is $80
Simply spend the minimum amount of money at a participating business and present the business with the unique code linked to your account to receive the daily discount.
Participating businesses will receive the discounted amount by the Territory.
All ChooseCBR discounts are only valid up until 21 December 2020 or until all the program funds are redeemed and funds are no longer available.
To be eligible for ChooseCBR a business must:
- Have a physical shopfront in the ACT; and
- Have received JobKeeper at some point during 2020; and
- Have less than $10 million in turnover per annum; and
- Be in the retail, tourism and accommodation, arts and recreation, personal services and hospitality sectors (as per ANZSIC codes).
For more information refer to the Merchant Terms and Conditions
You can register your business at choosecbr.act.gov.au.
Once eligibility criteria is met and approved, your business will be listed in the respective category.
Please note it may take up to 5 working days for your application to be approved.
Members of the community who are over the age of 18 will be able to sign up on the ChooseCBR website from Monday 23 November 2020.
- Visit ChooseCBR and click on the sign up button.
- Enter your valid email address and a password of your choice. Include your mobile number to receive a one-time password and then click ‘Create new account’.
- You will receive an SMS with your one-time pass code. Please enter the code as displayed and click ‘validate’.
- Once your code is validated, you are redirected to the user dashboard screen. This screen will display the ChooseCBR program fund availability and your current ChooseCBR discounts.
From 9 December the scheme will officially open and you can use your vouchers at participating businesses.
- The ‘Participating Businesses’ button will take you to the list of all participating businesses.
- Click on your choice of category and browse through the merchant details for business hours and contact information.
- Once you’ve decided where to spend your ChooseCBR discounts, click on the menu and select my vouchers.
- This will direct you to your currently available ChooseCBR discounts. Discounts in green can be redeemed by participating merchants.
- All you need to do is click on the ChooseCBR discount value and display it to the merchant for validation before making a payment.
- The merchant will enter this code and validate it prior to providing you a discount and charge you for your transaction.
- There are minimum spend requirements for the different ChooseCBR discount values. Please refer to the customer terms and conditions for more details.
- Once validated the ChooseCBR discount will grey out. Please refresh your browser after every transaction. All redeemed discounts will be listed on the same page as your ChooseCBR discounts.
- Discounts are replenished daily and every registered user will be allocated $40 daily up until the program funds are fully utilised. Please check your voucher dashboard daily, and prior to using your ChooseCBR discounts please refresh your browser.
The ChooseCBR program has been designed to allow businesses a two-week period to register and receive approval prior to the program officially opening on 9 December 2020. This will allow enough time for businesses to register and understand how the program works.
Businesses that register for ChooseCBR will be able to start accepting discount vouchers from 12:01am Wednesday 9 December 2020.
Each ChooseCBR Discount is single-use only. The full value of the discount must be used at each transaction.
Using an internet enabled smart device (smartphone, tablet) or computer, simply click the discount value you would like to use and show the unique 5 digital alpha-numeric digits to the cashier at time of payment.
Customers can also present a print-out of the code or even read it out over the phone but the merchant should redeem the ChooseCBR discount prior to accepting payment to ensure validity.
Each unique registered user is assigned $40 per day of ChooseCBR discounts. All ChooseCBR discounts are only valid up until the program funds are all redeemed and funds are no longer available. You can view the availability of the program funds on your dashboard when logged in and prior to using the discounts.
Codes are valid until 11.59pm on 24 December, 2020.
The program does not permit the discount to be applied for the purchase of alcohol, tobacco or gambling products.
ChooseCBR discounts are non-transferrable, but you may recommend that family, friends and others register to get their own discounts.
The program does not permit ChooseCBR discounts to be traded for cash.
From the login page, click on "Forgot your password?" or click here to reset your password directly.
If you see this message you may need to upgrade the version of the internet browser that you are using. The ChooseCBR website works best on the latest versions of web browsers Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge.