ChooseCBR lets you spend and save at participating Canberra cafes, restaurants, shops, beauty salons, cinemas and local attractions and other businesses. With your vouchers you can enjoy more when you shop local.
From Wednesday 9 June, you will be able to use your vouchers at participating businesses and receive:
- $10 off when you spend $20 or more
- $20 off when you spend $40 or more
- $50 off when you spend $100 or more
Enjoy something more with ChooseCBR when you shop local.
Frequently Asked Questions
As soon as the full $2 million has been spent the system will close off and vouchers will no longer be redeemed. It’s important you are aware this may happen quickly and you may not be able to redeem a voucher at the point of sale. Businesses will not be able to record your voucher to redeem later. It is important you consider this possibility when receiving goods or services.
ChooseCBR is a program designed to encourage consumers to spend money at participating local businesses by offering digital discount vouchers.
ChooseCBR was created by the ACT Government to as an economic stimulus measure to support the ACT’s economic recovery from COVID-19. It is focused on supporting businesses that have been doing it tough during 2020.
Canberrans have been really supportive of our local businesses during COVID-19, and ChooseCBR offers another great reason to shop locally and support local jobs.
ChooseCBR is a website application and can be accessed via choosecbr.act.gov.au which will take you to the ChooseCBR portal.
Please note, the website application is not available on Google play store or the Apple app store.
Anyone over the age of 18 years old who is visiting or living in the ACT can use ChooseCBR.
People can sign up at choosecbr.act.gov.au to create a login to the ChooseCBR portal. Once complete, the home page will display your available discounts.
No. You can log-in using the same email address and password you used during the trial.
Eligible local businesses can register to participate in ChooseCBR. Members of the community who are over 18 can register to receive a daily pack of discount vouchers totalling $80.
Each day registered customers can log in to access:
- 1 x $10 ChooseCBR Discount
- 1 x $20 ChooseCBR Discount
- 1 x $50 ChooseCBR Discount
A minimum spend is required for each transaction. The minimum spend for the discounts are as follows:
- To use the $10 ChooseCBR Discount the minimum spend amount is $20
- To use the $20 ChooseCBR Discount the minimum spend amount is $40
- To use the $50 ChooseCBR Discount the minimum spend amount is $100
Businesses will be reimbursed for the discounts they redeem by the ACT Government.
All ChooseCBR discounts are available until all the program funds are redeemed and funds are no longer available.
Members of the community who are over the age of 18 will be able to sign up on the ChooseCBR website from 1 June 2021.
- Visit ChooseCBR and click on the sign-up button.
- Enter your valid email address and a password of your choice. Include your mobile number to receive a one-time password and then click ‘Create new account’.
- You will receive an SMS with your one-time pass code. Please enter the code as displayed and click ‘validate’.
- Once your code is validated, you are redirected to the user dashboard screen. This screen will display the ChooseCBR program fund availability and your current ChooseCBR discounts, including discount amounts and the minimum spend required to redeem each voucher.
- The ‘Participating Businesses’ button will take you to the list of all participating businesses.
- Click on your choice of category and browse through the merchant details for their address, opening hours and contact information.
- Look at the map to see the businesses in your location and look for signage in participating businesses when you are out shopping.
Show and Save
- Once you’ve decided what you want to buy with your ChooseCBR discount and are ready to pay, click on the menu and select my vouchers.
- This will direct you to your currently available ChooseCBR discounts. Discounts in green can be redeemed by participating merchants.
- All you need to do is show the merchant your code for validation before making a payment. Clicking on a voucher will make it display in a larger font and also present a QR code.
- The merchant will enter or scan the code and validate it prior to providing you a discount and charge you for your transaction.
- Once validated the ChooseCBR discount will appear grey in colour. Please refresh your browser after every transaction. All redeemed discounts will be listed on the same page as your ChooseCBR discounts.
- Discounts are refreshed daily. When you log in tomorrow, you will see a new code replacing the voucher you just used.
The ChooseCBR program has been designed to allow businesses several weeks to register and receive approval prior to the program officially opening on 9 June 2021. This will allow enough time for businesses to register and understand how the program works.
Businesses that register for ChooseCBR will be able to start accepting discount vouchers from Wednesday 9 June 2021.
Each ChooseCBR Discount is single-use only. The full value of the discount must be used at each transaction. However, vouchers refresh daily. If you use one of your vouchers, check your dashboard the following day to see a new unique ChooseCBR discount code that you can use.
No, only one voucher can be used per transaction.
Using an internet enabled smart device (smartphone, tablet) or computer, simply click the discount value you would like to use and show the unique 5 digital alpha-numeric code to the cashier at time of payment. Alternatively, the merchant could scan your QR code, if they have a scanning device at their point of sale.
Customers can also present a print-out of the code or even read it out over the phone but the merchant should redeem the ChooseCBR discount prior to accepting payment to ensure validity.
Each unique registered user can access up to $80 worth of ChooseCBR discounts per day. All ChooseCBR discounts are only valid up until the program funds are all redeemed and funds are no longer available. You can view the availability of the program funds on your dashboard when logged in and prior to using the discounts.
The program does not permit the discount to be applied for the purchase of alcohol, tobacco or gambling products.
ChooseCBR discounts are non-transferrable, but you may recommend that family, friends and others register to get their own discounts.
The program does not permit ChooseCBR discounts to be traded for cash.
A gift card may be used in the same purchase, but is not counted when calculating the transaction minimum.
For example, if Alex wants to buy a pair of jeans worth $100 and wants to use a gift card worth $20, they could not use their $50 ChooseCBR voucher. However, they could use their $20 voucher if they wish.